Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 1 Update

It turned out to be a pretty miserable day. I couldn't handle crutches very well because the rush of blood to my bad leg was severe. It caused both pain and light headedness.

When Dr. O'Connor came to see me at 6, he was appalled by my day nurse's unwillingness to dispense pain meds, at one point making me go 6 hours without any and flipping on the lights often so I wouldn't sleep despite hardly sleeping the night before.

Dr. O'Connor said he couldn't even imagine the level of pain I must be in and described the surgery in graphic detail. He then sent in a max dose (for me) or morphine and then Tordall, with round 2 coming at ten because he wants me to have a full night of sleep. Thankfully, it was like a night and day difference. It was also nice that my mother-in-law and my boss/school mom Chris Gangemi came by to visit. I even at most of my dinner.

Now exhausted. Signing off...


.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: